A one. A two. Left foot forward. A two, a three, swift weight to right foot. You are doing the mambo. Now shake what your Mamma gave you; it’s time to bake!
This gluten-free coconut citrus pudding is a Caribbean getaway. Taste the ocean. Feel the breeze. Just in one single mouthful.
It’s topped with a generous spoonful of double cream Greek yogurt and fresh berries. For a dinner party kaliber dessert stuff the mixture in small ramekins. Voila, your guests are in awe.
Gluten-free coconut citrus Caribbean mambo
Preparation time: 20 mins
300g Coconut flour
15ml Baking soda
125ml Canola oil
5 Egg yolks
200ml Lemon/ Orange juice
15ml Citrus zest
7 Egg whites
A pinch of cream of tartar
1. Preheat the oven to 160 Celsius degrees
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt
3. Combine dry ingredients with oil, egg yolks, juice and zest in a mixer. Mix on high speed, until smooth.
4. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into flour mixture with a metal spoon
5. Bake in a bread tin/ pudding dish/ ramekins for 60- 75 mins; brown spots will appear.
6. Top with yogurt, berries and a dust of icing sugar.
Enjoy. Follow your feet. Trust me, you can dance.
Note: If the pudding is baked in ramekins, reduce baking time to 30mins