Here’s a perfect example of simple, yet slow food. It will be gulped up within seconds, bringing in the fast part. Crunch your knuckles, slip on a banging apron (it’s important to feel good, you sexy thing), and get your favorite beat playing. (I suggest Born Ruffians’ Sole Brother)
Freshly baked bread topped with melting butter. True love.
The Unbeatable Champion
Preparation time plus proofing & baking: 50 mins
750ml All purpose flour
500ml Luke warm water
10g Dry yeast
10ml Brown sugar
Whole garlic cloves
1. Combine the flour, water, yeast, salt and brown sugar
2. Time to shake! Knead the dough for about 7 mins. Be careful to over-knead it. It’s simple. No overthinking. No over-kneading
3. Rub dough ball with olive oil, cover bowl with cling film. Proof for 30 mins
4. Form balls, I made mini buns.
5. Top with black olives, rosemary and garlic cloves (it’ll be all gooey, soft and delicious after baking). Proof for another 10 mins. Splash balls with little bit of water.
6. Pop in the oven. Bake for 20 mins at 180 celsius degrees, until golden spots appear.
7. When still hot, top with fresh butter, pour a glass of wine and enjoy the simplest wonder of food.